Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Upcoming games

I have a few ideas for games, and now that I'm done with my voxel engine for now, I'm going to start working on them! First I have to get better at GLSL, and then I want to develop these games, in order for when I need to finish them:

- Something for my girlfriend 
Cant reveal anything about this yet, its a surprise ;)

- Fight 'Em All 
A generic horde style fight them all by yourself game with elements of building and surviving utilizing strategy and structures, excited about this because I think it will be the first game I actually complete after two years!

- Balanced Energy
A RTS game where you take control of a team of little particles that shoot up opposing teams. Dead particles then convert to the team they were killed by so there is always the same amount of players. I've been developing this game on and off since the end of the school year in 2012, also very excited about this because its an original idea!

- Voxel engine
Literally just a voxel engine; its been my goal to create one since I started programming. It most likely won't actually turn into a game, I just want to get the basics of it working because I'm so fascinated with the idea of voxels. I already have a little bit of the engine done, but I have to modernize it to support shaders and VBOs and matrices, which I'm not very excited about. I want to finish it someday, but I don't care when! 

- NEngine
Probably should be finished before the voxel engine, its my 2D OpenGL engine that will support fixed and programmable pipelines. The goals are to make it as flexible and simple to use as possible. I want it to basically be a wrapper engine for low level OpenGL functions, and also incorporate other functions like spritebatching and texture atlases. Pretty excited about this, but its going to take a long time as I've only just started to learn modern OpenGL. 


No comments:

Post a Comment