Thursday, October 31, 2013

Christmas challenge - Creating a game from scratch

I decided I needed a little challenge in my programming life, so I'm going to create a game before Christmas for my girlfriend! She doesn't know yet, so don't tell her! What I want to do:

- Game created with my own code (no libraries) using only LWJGL
- Shader support (Will be my first time creating a game with shaders!)
- Advanced rendering techniques and possibly model loading if I need it
- It will be a 2D side scroller
- It'll be a game about a mystery, and you have to follow serial killers and solve crimes. But then you discover a twist in the plot, are the serial killers even real? Have you been making them up to cover for... yourself?

Its a short list, yes, but that's all I can think of now. I have less than two months to make a complete working game that will be good enough to impress my girlfriend, and I think I can do it!

Now I'm going to return to coding my shader loading class, I'll post my progress later.

No comments:

Post a Comment